Sunday, July 15, 2012

#2 Meet ME


Hi! I`m Honey Fatima Ricablanca Velasco. My classmates, batchmates, and schoolmates call me "Fatima" but other people call me "Honey/Hani". My two names didn`t have any connection with my parents` names. It was my grandfather who gave me the name "Fatima" because I was prayed to the Our Lady of Fatima.

I was born in Iligan City on the 19th day of September in the year 1995. When I was still an infant, I spent my first two years in Ozamiz City where my mom used to work before. I am the eldest child of Mr. Leonilo D. Velasco and Mrs. Venus R. Velasco. I have only one sibling (a brother named as Sean Josephus) in the family. Because of the fact that we are only composed of four members in family, we can`t always have family trips. I know how ironic it is. But if a member of the family cannot join a family outing, the other members will not join too, and that makes the family outing cancelled. For us, it was like "One for all, all for one."

I am now a freshman studying Bachelor in Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering in Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology. I never thought of taking up BS ECE. Enrolling in the said course was only a last-MINUTE decision since some unexpected problems on the total number of slots and enrollees in Chemical Engineering came on our enrollment day. I find BS ChE more interesting than any other engineering courses (sorry to say this but it`s only based on my opinion) and I believe that taking ChE will bring me closer to the goals that I want to achieve in life. But hopefully, I will able to shift to my desired course in the semester in this academic year.

I can eat, sleep, walk, talk, dream, laugh, cry, care, love and do crazy stuffs just like what other teenagers do. But when it comes to expressing my feelings, ideas and opinions in pure words, I doubt that. I am a person who can`t say all the things that I wanted to say because of speech delay. That makes me different and unique but, that doesn`t mean that I am unable to catch up with the others.

People who know me will tell you that I am one of the "hinhin" type of girls. But I guess they have created another meaning of the word "hinhin". I may be just sitting in the corner while other people party all around and pose everywhere for picture takings, wearing sleeved-shirt and jeans while girls wear their dresses, and smile just by looking at someone (a crush maybe) while others hold hands with their partners. But know me more, I laugh so hard and do stupid things when I`m with my friends. I am a secretive type of a person. I keep most of my thoughts by myself (I don`t share all of it at all). I am also friendly and thoughtful, and I care about my friends so much. They`ll say that I am always happy (because they will just see me smiling at them even if there were a lot of problems and I don`t get angry all the time). They know me better than I know myself.

There are so many things in this world that I really want to experience. It`s like I want to engage my self into something and I want it to be the way I wanted to. I want to have the things I need and like, I want to be a person who can do all the things that she wants to, and I want to be someone that people around me can be proud of.

These are not the only things about me. Turn a page, I`m a book half unread ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment